Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Dabblings: A Journey of Horror and Hope by Steve James

Dabblings: A Journey of Horror and HopeDabblings: A Journey of Horror and Hope by Steve James

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


When Heather finds out that her family is not all they appear to be, she is forced to chose between the truth that she knows it right and the loyalty that she feels toward her family. Throughout this book her faith is put to the test and she has rely on Gods love to get her through. I got this book from a Christian magazine when my friend told me that my previous reading material was not religious enough. I told her that you can find God in anything even if they don't come out and say “GOD” in the text. It was extremely funny when it arrived and I opened the front cover and found a whole page of warnings. It stressed that this book was not for the faint of heart because it contained explicit and graphic images. I found that these images were just as intense if not more than the books that I had already been reading further emphasizing my point. That said, since this book is really about faith, I would highly recommend this book to anyone who likes fantasy, horror, mystery and the battle between good and evil. I would however heed the warnings and avoid it if you can't separate fiction from reality.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment