Wednesday, March 25, 2015

The Flip by Michael Phillip Cash

The FlipThe Flip by Michael Phillip Cash
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

On the way home from a successful flip, Julie and Brad Evens come across an old Victorian home for sale. From the moment, she saw it Julie was in love, despite Brad's misgivings about the property they take a leap of faith and buy it. What they find inside is more than their relationship and nerves bargained for.
Once again, I am on the fence with another book from this author. I read this book quickly because it flowed well and the characters were unique and moved the story in the general direction it was supposed to go. That said there was a set of pivotal characters called the sentinels. They were the guardians everything and seemed to play a very important role, but they were only mentioned in passing and were not developed. Readers of this book are left hanging wondering who or what they are and why they are influencing the life or death direction of the main characters in the story. The beginning starts strong but seems to lose focus at the last few wrap-up chapters and floats to the finish line. Would I recommend this book? Yes, I found it very enjoyable but I do not find myself wanting to re-read it. If you like ghost stories, real estate flipping, or a fast read which is mildly intriguing then try this book because the underlining message is a good one; Love conquers all you just have to smart enough to recognize it.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment