Sunday, May 1, 2022

Meet and greet with Author Lisa Andrew

 













Welcome to my blog please introduce yourself, who are you and what do you do?

I write the hottest stuff. Lol It’s not too extreme, but it’s not soft. It’s perfectly down the middle and you can thank me later. Lol 

I’m Lisa Andrew, I’ve also been known as TheWife101 online.

1) What genre do you like to write?

I write somewhere in between dark romance and psychological romance. Some of my readers have a rough time with the characters. They make them feel things. It’s quite a compliment. I like to create emotions, hence psychological romance. And the spice. Allll the spice. 

If you were to branch out from your current genre which one(s) would you like to explore?

Actually, my next project will most likely be a thriller. And you can bet on the spicy scenes.


2) How long have you been writing? What prompted you to start writing?

I started writing around 2014. I came across a celeb crush’s fanfic by accident and thought I could write it. The immediate reactions and the number of people who came to read kept me there for two years. The opportunity for me to move into publishing came after I realized I could do what I wanted with my characters. And after that, they’ve been in hell, since. lol


3) What inspires you to write?

Dreams are usually the inspiration behind the plots. It’s when I feel the most relaxed and have the most imagination. Lots of it is spur of the moment. The main plot is usually plotted, but when you’re writing sex, you can’t think these things out or you’ll just want them to be perfect. And sex is spontaneous. It’s written that way for the feel, too.


4) When a story idea pops into your head, how long does it typically take to write it (from start to finish)? 

It depends on how long the project is. Sometimes I’ll sit down for months, other times it’s weeks. F**k Buddies took me eight months but that’s a 120k story. I’ve written 10k words and have published them. Those are basically written sex scenes out of movies – a little bit of story at the beginning, a little at the end.


5) What did you find to be the most difficult part of the writing process?  Easiest?  

Any writing process is different, I find. There’s grammatical things I just can’t seem to help screw up on the first draft – like tense. Then there’s struggles during the first round of editing. Giving it to people is even difficult because you know it’s not how you want it yet. Every step I make matters, and it’s all difficult. Motivating yourself is probably the most difficult. But at the end of the project, you know you’ve got something good. 


6) Of all your characters whom do you most relate to?

I relate to the characters as much as I would relate to the next person. There are things I may have in common with them, or I might not. I can guarantee you I wouldn’t get along with some of the people in my stories. There’s no one in specific that comes to mind. I hope to always write original characters.

7) Is there one of your characters that you did not like when you started writing about them, but found yourself liking by the end of the story?

These people I write about are my favourite people. I love them all for many reasons – even the bad guys. My characters are my creations, I get to share them with readers.


8) What is your least favorite part about writing? The most?

Writing is fun. Editing sucks, but rit’s essential. I hate editing. But until I can hire an editor, I do my own with some wonderful friends. They make it all worth the while. The people I meet and who support me are the best parts. The ones that read the stories and believe in me mean all the manuscripts are worth it.


9) When you are not writing or editing what do you do for relaxation?

I really like to listen to music or watch movies. Or junk tv shows. My guilty pleasure is 90DF. Lol I run an Instagram rating movies too, but I like to keep that one a secret.


10) What genre of books do you like to read? 

I’ll read anything, really. I like to support my fellow indie authors as much as possible. So as long as I can keep doing that, I’ll read whatever anyone wants to give me. My favourites are erotic with drama, thriller, and psychological horror.


11) What author(s) do you enjoy reading?  Why? 

Again, it has to be the indie authors. I love the group of us because we can be as many genres as we want to. Our stories don’t follow boundaries. They’re completely original and we love that. lol


12) Tell us about your books where can people find them?

They can find them pretty much everywhere. It varies from place to place, but you can find them on Amazon as well as Apple Books, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, etc. 

Amazon.com

Apple Books

Barnes and Noble

Twitter

Lisa's Playground

books2read.com

Instagram.com

Youtube

Goodreads.com

Tumblr

Pinterest

Sally, 

Thank you so much for offering to do this interview. It’s so kind. You’re one of my biggest supporters. Thank you so much!!!!

Lisa xx






Reviews



  To start off, let me explain my reading style, I have ADHD if the work doesn't grab me I read extremely slowly. If the writing and the characters are good, then I can devour them quickly. Secondly, I have I have aphantasia, a neurological condition that leaves me with a ‘blind mind’s eye’: the inability to mentally visualize my thoughts. While most people are able to ‘see’ images associated with stories and thoughts when their eyes are closed, I have never had this gift. When I close my eyes, I experience only darkness. I have no visual sensory experience. This means if the work is not vivid enough, I can't imagine it. It is kinda like watching tv with your eyes closed you know what is happening but you cannot see it. Finally, I am extremely honest reviewer if I enjoy the work I will tell other potential readers so. On the other hand, if I do not like something I will also say so without prejudice. Therefor you as a reader can trust my reviews to be as accurate as I can possibly make them. I understand that everyone has their opinions and you may not like the same things I do, but I hope that my musings help you make informed decisions.

My thoughts about Lisa Andrew's Books


F**k Buddies My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Christa Taylor had a blind date from hell. This simple encounter which should have ended before it began, lead to crazy events which turned her life upside down. Old friends and new ones duke it out in a hot mix of hate, love, sex, and betrayal. Who will come out on top? You will just have to read this crazy book to find out.
This is a will they, won't they romance at its finest. When the characters are not having sex they are mad at each other for having sex with others. The sex is hot and woven into the plot with all of the action feeling part of the story. The characters are believable and their emotions register as genuine. I highly recommend this book to anyone who likes erotic sex that makes you want to read this book alone, romance, drama, romantic chemistry that bleeds off the page, relationships that are threatened by uncertainty external obstacles or internal strife leading to chaos.

View all my reviews

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your writing success, Lisa! You aren’t afraid to take chances with your characters! Kudos to you and cheers to much success!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Lisa (and Sally) - Great interview! As another indie author who writes very steam stuff, I definitely agree with this: "when you’re writing sex, you can’t think these things out or you’ll just want them to be perfect. And sex is spontaneous. It’s written that way for the feel, too."

    Often I'm very surprised by what my characters end up doing in bed (or on the floor, or in the shower, or whatever!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your book activities. I wanted to enter the contest but couldn't find the link. Joan Ramirez, author

    ReplyDelete